October 23, 2019
10 Differences between a Girl and a Woman
By Kim D’souza
Recently I happened to watch a video clip by Pastor Vlad of Hungry Generation Church on the topic 10 differences between a Boy and Man. Here is the link (A must hear for those who consider themselves as men!) I thought it would be nice to have a girl-woman version of it. So here you go:
1. A girl craves for attention from people and has an overwhelming concern about her physical appearance. She is under constant pressure to look a certain way and hence makes irrational and extreme choices to keep up to it. A woman knows that she holds the attention of God! She realises that charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but what matters the most is the fear of the Lord (Proverbs 31:30). Her mirror is the Word of God, and she is confident in the fact that she is beautiful the way God created her – Real, unfiltered and ‘unphotoshopped’ (Psalm 139:14).
2. A girl dresses up for the approval of others and in the process ends up in a compromising lifestyle. The way she dresses is to attract people to her. A woman on the other hand dresses up for Jesus, she knows she is the daughter of a king. “So shall the king greatly desire thy beauty: for he is thy Lord; and worship thou Him…The king’s daughter is all glorious within: her clothing is of wrought gold. She shall be brought unto the king in raiment of needlework…” -Psalm 45:13-14 (KJV). Her clothes carry the finesse of the royalty that runs in her blood – and that attracts the people not to her, but to the King! (That also means she is not casual about her clothing).
4. A girl’s attitude and lifestyle give access for boys to make approaches, while a woman clothes herself with dignity (Proverbs 31:25). Her walk and her talk are filled with grace, and yet others know where to draw the line. A girl always blames others, while a woman knows that her respect is in her hands!
5. A girl is reckless with her body and uses it provocatively to gain people’s attention, but a woman sets an example before the world in everything – including the way she takes care of her body. She knows that her body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and she leans on God’s wisdom (James 1:5) to steward it. She adapts healthy eating habits, maintains personal hygiene and always smells good!
7. A girl often compares herself with others and in the process, she ends up harboring jealousy, pride, offence or low esteem. A woman is secure in the love of God and is thankful to God in everything (1 Thessalonians 5:18). She celebrates when others succeed and lifts others up when they fail.
8. A girl is driven by her temporary craving. She thinks that she is the center point of the entire universe, and lavishly spends on herself and her never-ending shopping list! A woman knows that it is more blessed to give than to receive (Acts 20:35). At the same time, she is a good steward of the money and knows how to plan for her future and her family.
9. A girl is led by her emotions and mood swings. She is very sensitive to what people say and makes her tears a crutch. A woman learns to become sensitive to the Holy Spirit more than people around her. She knows that her tears are precious and makes them her strength by shedding them at the feet of Jesus.
10. A girl uses her tongue to spark fire and cause great damage to herself and others. A woman knows that in quietness and trust is her strength (Isaiah 30:15). Many a time she wins her battles with her conduct, and without words!